Pages

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Tea Party/Republicans

Ok I am christian and was told that we need to help people who need help. I thought that was the point of so called entitlement programs to help people who need help. So what I don't understand is all the christian who are members of the Tea Party or Republican party who want to do away with entitlement programs that help people. In the bible it is stated that people need to help others who are less fortunate the you.
I know that some of the Republicans who want to do away with entitlements feel that churches will fill in where the government once took care of the needs. What they fail to think about is the fact that they are taking care of those the government is missing for one reason or an other.
What I really wonder is how can they be christian and not want to do what is needed to help others?

No comments:

Post a Comment