Pages

Wednesday 14 September 2011

A day in my life

I have been trying to post on what my daily life is like and every time I try it doesn't work. It is so hard to try to get through the wall into mini-man's world. I have some different types of coping methods bit they are not the best. I have been using them because he gets violent if not worked with. He needs quiet, and to be calmed down when he gets upset. If this doesn't happen he will start to get violent. I feel he plays too much computer but I don't know what else to do with him. I fear that he will hurt someone if allowed to become to upset. I deal with multiple temper tantrums daily and have tried all the traditional methods but they have failed.
On the other hand I get to see the world in a new way. I see how overwhelming it can be if one lets it or doesn't block things out. I also get to see the wonder of a new thing every day. It is so much fun to see the bus as a exciting new adventure or going to a Dr as a  big room where I can explore and play.
The best thing is getting to enter mini-man's world. I am rarely given this privilege but I am learning to relish every minute of it. I think that is the hardest part. He is not ready to live in our world yet but is slowly entering. Today though I was in a place where a blanket was a place to hide behind an peek-a-boo is the best. The blanket became a movable wall to hid behind and it was very special but hard to describe.
I thought that this would be the worst thing that I ever would hear about my child, but I am starting to see this as a blessing. It is making me learn and explore this world I have become disillusioned with in a new light.

No comments:

Post a Comment