Pages

Friday 14 October 2011

a little randomness

I don't often copy and paste stuff but this reminded me on why I want to be a paramedic. I also find I can relate to it with what I am doing now.

The EMT stood and faced God. Which must always come to pass. He hoped his uniform was clean, He'd gotten dressed kind of fast."Step forward now, EMT. How shall I deal with you? Have you always turned the other cheek? To my church have you been true?" The EMT squared his shoulders and said,"No Lord I guess I ain't, cause those of us who wade in blood, can't always be a saint. I've had to work most Sundays, and at times my talk was tough. And at times I've been violent, cause the streets are awful rough. But I never took a penny that wasn't mine to keep... although I worked a lot of overtime, when the bills got far too steep. And I never passed a cry for help, though at times I shook with fear. And sometimes, God forgive me, I wept unmanly tears. I know I don't deserve a place among the people here. They never wanted me around, except to calm their fears.If you have a place for me, Lord, It needn't be so grand. I never expected or had too much, But if you don't I understand." There was silence all around the throne, where saints had often trod. As there EMT waited quietly for the judgment of his God."Step forward now, EMT. You've borne your burdens well. Walk peacefully on heavens streets. You've done your time in hell.

I am always one to stop to help, and I do work most sunday and many stay home to care for Alex cause he cant handle church. I just can relate to this even now working in home health.

I hate would hate to have to say anything to God now because I have been rough,  cried, feared, worked overtime, cried out to the lord in anger and many other things to which I will not admit and this is all from Mini-Man's Autism. I feel like I am putting my time in hell right now on earth. Every day a struggle with money, time, anger, loneliness, saddness, fear, not to mention many others to list here.

No comments:

Post a Comment